Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Need advice on monitoring humidity in crawl space under house

If the humidity is too high, mold will grow. There is already some
signs of it. The vapor barrier, properly installed should drastically
reduce the amount of moisture and hopefully reduce the relative
humidity below 55% and keep mold from growing. If the vapor barrier
alone does not do the job, then a dehumidifier is needed. You just
don't want mold growing in the crawl space for health reasons.

On 07 Jan 2006 17:35:26 -0600, (Todd H.) wrote:

writes:
Todd wrote:
With this measurement/monitoring ability though.. I'm curious, what
action would too low or too high a humidity reading move you to take?

If too high, dehumidify.

In the crawl space? Are you storing things in it? No vapor barrier
above it?

I guess I'm curious what concern there is that would warrant spending
the energy to dehumidfy it.

I'm not criticizing your choice, mind you. Just curious what the
worry might be as I to have a crawl space and don't worry about it.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/