Posted to misc.consumers.house
G Mulcaster

Default Need advice on monitoring humidity in crawl space under house

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 19:44:39 GMT, wrote:

I need to monitor the humidity in the crawl space under my house.
Radio Shack has a unit that you mount inside your house and then place
a remote sensor in the crawl space. Has anyone had experience with
this unit? Can anyone recommend a better uni?. I like the idea of
being able to monitor the humidity inside my house without having to
go into the crawl space.

This does not answer your question specifically; however, here is what
I do.

Despite a plastic vapor barrier over my dirt crawl space floor,
humidity is a problem. I use a dehumidifier unit which plugs into a
dehumidistat. The dehumidistat is set for 58%. The unit cycles on
and off all year 'round. I also use a humidity indicator in the
crawlspace to ensure things are working properly.

Your remote sensor idea sounds good

Gary
Please remove XXX in email address if email reply is desired.