Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger

Default Help with lighting issue please

"Mike W." wrote in message
(SNIP)
60 watt bulbs are weak in my opinion. You can have 20 of them
in a room and still have a certain level of light that cant be improved.

Are you using reflector-backed bulbs or normal frosted round bulbs? I find
canlights with just 35 or 50w throw a lot of light, if they are 120v
reflector bulbs. Like the other poster, I have used 12v 50w halogens
throughout much of the house, and they give a bunch of light. Visiting
lighting galleries/stores is a great way to measure real as opposed to
advertized light. Don't need to buy - just look, carefully. Once I found
what I wanted, I ordered all the materials online, at significant discounts.