Posted to alt.home.repair
WConner

Default 110v line to 220v line?

" This is enough to indicate you should not be attempting this work. Your
plan does not meet code. "

Thought I posted a reply to this but have been gone a couple of days and
don't see it here.

Anyway, I did pose the question and perhaps you should read my last reply
which you posted in your message. Pardon me but I think you may have a
somewhat swelled head. I have completely wired 3 new houses, one a story and
half with basement and rewired 3 older homes, one a story and half brick
with plastered walls and basement. All have passed inspection without
problem. Now if you would like to challenge this, one of us could stand to
make a lot of money. I am glad to see there are a few people who took a
sensible view of the question, thanks to you guys.

There are many knob and tube wired houses still in existance with entire
floors running off one circuit. One of my re-wire jobs was one of these.
Point is, code is over kill in some instances even if one must follow it.

Walt Conner