Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Glowworm Fuelsaver MKII boiler, turns off after 30-60 seconds after running

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 20:44:48 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On 6 Jan 2006 05:30:07 -0800, "Bal" wrote:

The boiler pilot light goes does not stay on, once the pilot light is
started and I turn the thermostat is turned up the boiler starts up and
stays on for around 30 to 60 seconds then goes out completely.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can check or needs replacing before
going mad and changing all sorts of parts ?

Do you mean that the pilot light will stay lit if the boiler isn't
firing but goes out (and the burners too) after the burner fires?

If so, it could be that the flame failure thermocouple (

Electronic ignition and flame sensing (PCB 202006 or 202052)

I still reckon that on a fuelsaver, the first port of call is the fan if
it's cutting out

Are you sure, Geoff?

I used to have one of those (pretty sure it was the Mk II) and it was
pilot ignition and simple minded controls....... no fan or pcb.

Well, I could be wrong because I've never come across it, but the
fuelsaver I know isn't a "fuelsaver E" or any other designation. There
is the Fuelsaver "F" but both versions I know have a fan and a sequence
board in them

--
geoff