Posted to uk.d-i-y
gaffar

Default cracked tiles on wooden floor - HELP

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
gaffar wrote:
Recently had a new bathroom as part of new extension, floor is green
backed chipboard, which was then tiled over. A week ago I was in there
and heard a loud crack, 1 tile had cracked, over the course of the next
couple of days 3 others the same. Tiles were put down with flexible
adhesive.

You need 6mm plywood on top of chipboard as a base to tile on.

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

too late for that now as I don't really want to pull up the whole floor now,
just replace the 4 broken ones, any suggestions for this?

Thanks
Gaffar