Posted to alt.home.repair
dk

Default slow running water

Sacramento Dave wrote:
"dk" wrote in message

I have a slow running water(low pressure) in my bathroom faucet. Thinking
that the faucet was bad I replaced it. However the water is still running
slow. All other faucet are running ok.

Do compression valves go bad??

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

As mentioned you probably need to replace the angle stop( compression
valve) If the existing angel stop is a compression fitting from the supply
stub out 1/2" copper you need a 5/8 Compression to 3/8 compression. There
might not be enough pipe sticking out from the wall to cut the compression
ring off and add a new one.( they do make a puller, Vie cut them off be
careful) What you might do is take the old one with you find one that the
compression nut fits the old one. Before you put it back together if you can
try to blow some water out of the line, there might some debris in there.
You might have a angle stops with the supply line attached ( cheap junk) so
you might need the right supply lines. When you put back together use pipe
dope on compression ring and compression nut threads. When you have it all
back and it all looks good leave a piece of newspaper under the sink for a
day any small wet spots will indicate a leak.

Thanks everyone. I replaced the compression fitting in less that 10
minutes and my water pressure is normal.