Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf

Default Locksmithing? Isn't that kinda like Knife Sharpening?

"Simpson Magee" wrote in message
Remember those trucks that used to cruise the hood back in the 1950's with
a loud clanging bell?

They would sharpen knives, scissors and stuff like that.

Today a $10.00 tool does it.

First off one needs an understanding of what the geometry of the knife or
sisors needs to be and then the tool that he chooses to use to get it to the
desired geometry will be up to the person doing the sharpining.

I can sharpen a knife to a razor sharpness using nothing more than the
bottom of a 50 cent thrift store coffee cup, but my wife can't get an edge
on a knife with a $40 diamond hone.

What happened?
People got smart.
Tools got better.\
The internet exposed the *secrets* of the braindead locksmith.

Isn't locksmithing kind of like that?

Locksmithing is a skill that many are willing to pay for. There is always
another solution rather than a locksmith, but the locksmith is often the
best solution.

--

__
Roger Shoaf