Posted to alt.home.repair
Levon

Default Getting the battery out.... :-

lol

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
mm wrote in
:

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:12:53 -0500, "Apropos"
wrote:

OK... this is a silly problem but as of yet I haven't found an
answer:

I have a MagLite flashlight. 4-cell. The innermost battery leaked a
bit and is stuck hard in the metal tube.

Any idea how to get the doggone thing OUT without tearing apart the
flashlight tube?

I have tried tapping with a hammer, sticking in a coat hanger and
screwdriver.... nothing is helping. I even thought to put a screw
into the end of the battery for something to pull on but that proved
more difficult than I thought, being so far up in there.

Have you tried holding the light and swinging your whole extended arm
fast and stopping suddenly? Like a fishing rod?

I don't think I've ever seen a maglite, and i've never done this
either, but try this. Mount it and another object of similar weight**
on opposite side of some sort of wheel, with the open end of the
flashlight pointed out. Put them as far from the center as the wheel
allows. You could use a bicycle wheel, but if the wheel is still on
the bicycle, there probably wouldn't be room for it to rotate with the
flashlight attached. you could mount the wheel somewhere else for
this purpose, but I don't know if hand spinning the wheel, or pushing
on the spokes with a stick would make it go fast enough. Maybe.

This has GOT to be the WORST idea I've heard yet.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik