Posted to rec.woodworking
TBone

Default Dust Collector Metal Duct Work question

Not to sound insulting but who in their right mind would use metal fittings
with plastic pipe. For me personally, it is the outrageous cost of the
metal fittings that have me using plastic in the first place. A $50 metal
reducer costs $3 in PVC and forget about the price of an elbow or splitter.
Now some people use metal waste gates as they are no all that much more
(even at 3 times the price) but the cost of those other fittings just kill
me and I need more of them then I would like.

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 6 Jan 2006 19:56:43 -0800, "Gene" wrote:

Do you need to worry about static arcing with plastic pipe?

Yes, but not much. It will _NOT_ explode. It may annoy you.

Worst of all is metal fittings (such as elbows) linked by plastic pipe.
Those are the worst for building up charge and zapping you. They
probably should be given an external bonding wire.