Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Jig for perpendicular holes in a rod

"Alex" wrote in message
I'll need to make a jig for drilling two perpendicular holes(3/8" diam.)

in
a delrin rod(1/2" diam.)
Holes are perpendicular to the delrin rod axis and each other. Holes are
also offset so they don't cross.
Holes should be somewhat undersized to pressfit 3/8" steel rods inside.

Can you suggest any jig design for this? (I'll be making hundreds or even
thousands holes with it)

Thanks,
Alex

Assuming I understand what you've said, a simple box drill jig fitted with
proper drill bushings would do a bang up job of it. The only fly in the
ointment could be if you can't get Delrin stock that is consistent in
diameter. It would be important to have stock that was consistent if you
desire to keep the holes on center, and to locate properly.

Harold