Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges

Default 13 amp plugs - memories

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I have somewhere in my 'museum' a weird and wonderful adaptor plug which
required no tools to fit to the cable, other than a means to strip the
cable. The wires connected by a spring clip arrangement and once fitted
(the really clever part) it could be plugged into a 5amp, 15amp or 13amp
socket with or without earth pin. You just selected the particular pin

I've got a similar universal plug with screw terminals. It was very
useful when doing stage lighting with a 13A socket on the other end.

The other old thing that has come in handy and is probably banned now is
a 2:1 bayonet light socket adaptor with one of the sockets switched.

Chris

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk