Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Marx

Default What's 0 on boiler pressure gauge mean?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Richard Marx wrote:

Great, thanks. Would something like this do the job?:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=79832

Yup, that is the stuff. You can get it in a ordinary tub for a little over
half the price - not as easy to add to a sealed system as the cartridge
one, but doable with a funnel into a partially drained rad.

I assume the current sludge is gone as the system has been emptied a few
times due to fitting of new radiator in bathroom, and today's replacement
of the 3-port valve.

Depends on how bad it was. If you were not aware of partial cold bits at
the bottom of rads before, then chances are you did not have a really bad
sludge problem.

There are some cool bits on the bottom centre of the rads, so I will go the
route and do a flush or two with the sludge remover.

On another note, you may remember I have rad stats in all rooms, except the
hallway which has a wall stat. However, as this now works correctly and
overrides the whole system, I find the hall gets too hot before the other
rooms, IOW the hall radiator needs to be turned down. However there is no
control on the rad, I suspect for a reason.

Is it as simple as putting a plastic knob on the square turnable shaft that
was hiding under the coned white plastic cap, or will reducing the flow to
this rad affect the other rads in other rooms?

Advice appreciated on how to reduce the hall temperature, and therefore the
temp the wall stat shuts down at.

Thanks!