Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Getting the battery out.... :-

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in
:

Apropos wrote:
OK... this is a silly problem but as of yet I haven't found an
answer:

I have a MagLite flashlight. 4-cell. The innermost battery leaked a
bit and is stuck hard in the metal tube.

Any idea how to get the doggone thing OUT without tearing apart the
flashlight tube?

I have tried tapping with a hammer, sticking in a coat hanger and
screwdriver.... nothing is helping. I even thought to put a screw
into the end of the battery for something to pull on but that proved
more difficult than I thought, being so far up in there.

Argh!

I'll repeat my last advice. If you don't use it regularly, but a
cheap
disposable.

Interestingly,I saw a small version of that "Faraday flashlight",the one
you shake to charge up,and has a small LED. On TV,the big one sells for
$20,and you get a small one as a "bonus".
In a dollar store,the small one sold alone for $3,so I bought one.
Now,they are not a powerful torch,but they will allow you to navigate a
dark room,and the LED runs for quite a while on just a couple of shakes,and
even retains a charge for many hours in the 'off' postion.For 3 bucks,it is
a good buy,IMO.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik