Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

Default what to stuff in driveway gaps?

Of the names that you show, I would go with the PL product only
because their adhesives are pretty good.

Professional names in the type products I would recommend:
Sika
Sonneborn/DeGussa
Vulkem
Tremco
Pecora
Dow Corning (the only silicone I would consider)

Here is a fairly comprehensive list of manufacturers"
http://www.4specs.com/s/07/07920.html

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"peter" wrote in message
"DanG" wrote in message

Follow with the proper caulk/sealant like
There are several good manufacturers but these come to mind:
Vulkem
NP1, if the joints are fairly level use SL1 (self leveling)
DowCorning 795 silicone.

You can also fill the joints with pourable rubber sealant like:
http://www.apoc.com/Blackjack/bj-6435.htm or
http://www.wrmeadows.com/video/3405.wmv

I just went to home depot to look. There are at least 3 similar
sealants that says concrete & masonry sealant, and they are all
gray color. Here they are (I had to use acehardware's web site
because HD's web site sucks):
http://www.acehardware.com/search/in...rete%20sealant
Which one do I choose? I want to pick the best one for the job
so I won't have to do it again for a long time.

The driveway is sloped; I probably don't want self leveling. The
rubber sealant looks good but I don't want jet black sealant. It
would be too loud against a medium gray driveway.

One more question: can any of these sealant withstand driveway
being pressure-washed?