Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Ricks

Default How do I know if the electricity to light switch is off?

"chickenwing" wrote in message
oups.com...

thehick wrote:
"I know how to tell if a light fixture's power is off - the
light goes out!"
You don't have the first clue about electricity. Please don't
do anything. You are wrong wrong wrong.
...thehick

ya it would be my luck the light would blow right when I check the
switch
thing is...It can happen, you're right

I have hooked into live wires, so long as you don't connect the two

i've seen electricians (not me)...
change a fuse box to a breaker box without killing supply from power
company

Are you sure that they didn't remove the meter from the base to cut the
power? Sometimes the meter base box has the main breaker far away from the
panel. I'm not saying it can't be done with power on. I wouldn't do it. OTOH
I routinely mess with a breaker box with power on . I will add circuits,
change breakers etc. without throwing the main.
Kevin