Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Funny repeat problem with a 60 inch RCA PTK195AC (model P60812BL)

Last night I turned on the TV --still no output from projection tubes
-- and rapidly pluged in the AC plug and disconnected it. Don't ask me
why I did it, I guess I thought I might simulate the original cause?
Anyway, the projection tubes "flashed" on for a split second, so it
looks like they are just "turned off" somehow. The technician told me
that the projection picture tube filiments are powered from the
horizontal circuit, so that circuit must be working since the filiments
are glowing.

We are still waiting for the EPROM to come in. I have mentioned the
things you-all have talked about, and he does not discount them, so
that is good. His rationail that the EPROM is the problem is that it
was corrupted when he first looked at it. It is in the state it was
when the original problem occurred before it "kind of" came out of it
and present enough of a picture that he was able to see enough of the
picture to get it working normally.

Is there a major problem in changing the EPROM and that NOT being the
primary problem? Would that create a larger problem in getting the
parameters back? Does he have to somehow download the old EPROM
parameters into the new EPROM? Does the new EPROM come loaded with
some "default" parameters so the TV is able to provide a picture if the
EPROM is the problem?

Can and should he bring out the chipper checker when he comes?