Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default 13 amp plugs - memories

john was thinking very hard :
Rummaging through my electrical stuff and realised I could throw away the
many 13 amp plugs I had removed from defunct appliances over the years. I
recalled the excitement of years ago of getting home with a new appliance and
a brand new MK Plug and taking care and pride in fitting the plug really
carefully. Now of course everything comes with a fitted plug.

I have somewhere in my 'museum' a weird and wonderful adaptor plug
which required no tools to fit to the cable, other than a means to
strip the cable. The wires connected by a spring clip arrangement and
once fitted (the really clever part) it could be plugged into a 5amp,
15amp or 13amp socket with or without earth pin. You just selected the
particular pin type you needed and locked them in to place.

Does anyone recall the plugs made by "Nettle" - they used to have a window in
them so that you could see the colour of the fuse. I always thought it was a
good idea.

The one with an opening as you looked at it from the pins side.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)