Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Steve Firth

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

[snip]
You arer as bad as Drivel. You have simply read something somewhere and are
waving your hand...I KNOW what these cells do. I use em regularly.

Chargers can easily top 90% if properly designed.

The cells are WAY over 90% efficient round trip.

Wherever you got for 'facts' from is just plaine out of date.

Ah yes, just the same as the person who told me I knew nothing about
fuel cells, then announced that fuel cells would be installed in every
laptop by Christmas. That was Christmas 2004 by the way.

So errm I wonder where they are.

You are taking the experience you have of using very small cells where
TBH you don't measure charging efficiency or have issues of cell cooling
or, I suspect, even have much of an issue with self discharge or even
cell longevity because your use is for an amusing hobby, and assuming
that your experience will scale to traction use.

It won't.