Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Adrian

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

Doctor Drivel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

And the electricity comes from...?

A generator. Wow, boy are you dumb.

And the generator is powered by...?

Some sort of engine.

Yep, 3,650bhp of Diesel.

So, my electric toothbrush is powered a by gas turbine.

Blimey, that's a big toothbrush if it has a gas turbine fitted into
it.

Boilers make steam which turn steam turbines to turn the genny to send
down the lecky down the line to my house and use the toothbrush.
A coal fired steam boiler runs my toothbrush. Boy you are dumb.

Ah, so your toothbrush doesn't actually have a gas turbine fitted? But
these big trucks DO have a diesel lump fitted. No external electrickery
supply involved, just filling the tank with diesel.

Just the same as diesel/electric trains. Which you happily accept ARE
diesel.