Posted to alt.home.repair
dan10170

Default urethane floor finish room-by-room

Hello,

I have three adjacent rooms that share a hallway that are wood-floored
and I would like to re-finish. Due to constraints of time and amount
of
furniture that would be difficult to remove from the area, I would just
like
to do each room separately. But I am a bit concerned that there might
be difficulties with the applying the urethane (water-based) finish
such
that this "strategy" is not obvious when all the rooms are finished.
The
only area of concern is a doorway, so it isn't big, but still
interested in
any pointers or gotchas I should be aware of.

I assumed this issues be similar to reparing a urethane-coated wood
floor, but wasn't able to find to much that was helpful on this.

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers.

--Dan