Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default The BEST lathe ever

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:41:21 -0500, "Al A."
wrote:

Al MacDonald wrote:
Greetings,

Thinking about lathes and wondered what feedback I could get by asking the
question "what do you think is one of the best lathes"? I'm especially

SNIP

Not having ever been a professional machinist, I don't have much in the
way of a defencable opinion on this, except that at some point I decided
that the BEST lathe ever is which ever one I happen to own at the time.
Seems to save me a great deal of energy that would otherwise be spent
lusting after things I could never own...

-AL A.

While Im NOT a machiist by any stretch of the imagination..Ive cursed
a few that Ive owned. Once you own or run the good stuff..the bad
stuff is REALLY bad.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,