Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap router tables

Has anyone used the Clarke CRT1, as per
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=060611001

I realise that it is bound to be cheap and nasty, but if it is
usable, albeit awkwardly, then it's the right price for my
current needs.

Essentially, I'm after a table for two or three small jobs, spread
over long enough that hiring would either be uneconomic or
need more organisation than I can manage. If I then want a
decent table, I'm quite happy to either cannibalise this for a
homebrew job or write it off/resell and buy a decent one.

Obviously though, even at forty quid, it would be nice to know
that the Clarke isn't totally unusable before I've taken it out of
the box.

Regards

John