Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Zenith SR2568S Vertical collapse help!

hoho45 wrote:
Hi, my Zenith SR2568S TV (purchased 1995) has an intermittant problem
where the picture collapses to about 5 inches to the middle of the
screen from left to right. If I bump the TV it will sometimes go to
the correct picture size suggesting a loose connection

I have heard this is due to a cap near IC1200 on the back left of the
board (facing rear of TV).

Can someone tell me how to fix this? I want to do it myself. Thanks!!

It's a cracked solder joint. Open the set, turn it on, and poke around
with a plastic or wooden dowel until you find the "ticklish spot" and
then resolder that component.