Ron Coffey

Default Sweeping in mill head

I knew you guys would improve on that sugestion. I am now wondering if you
can get a small cheap laser pointer that would run off of house current
110v. or at least with an adapter. I've only seen the ones that use
batteries and they don't last long.
Ron
"Daniel A. Mitchell" wrote in message
AND that the internals of the laser pointer are similarly mounted ...
not likely on cheap units. I doubt they'd take kindly to the vibration
from a heavy cut or a flycutter, or the thump of striking a drawbar.

Maybe TWO such pointers could be mounted side by side, independently, to
shine on the same location (or two known locations). It's unlikely that
both would be vibrated 'off' in the same manner and extent. So, if BOTH
still pointed together, you could be reasonably confident that BOTH were
still accurate. If the beams separate, then one or both have slipped,
and you could go back to the dial indicators to find out which, and by
how much.

Dan Mitchell
==========

Mike Graham wrote:

In article m, Ron

Coffey wrote:

Take a laser and mount it on the head and after getting it swept in to
perfection turne on the laser and have it pointing to a distant wall

in your
shop and made a mark where the point landed. I'm sure the farther the

wall
is the more acurate this idea would be.
Crazy enough it might just work.

That is a *wonderful* idea! Just make sure the laser pointer is

mounted
really solidly.

http://www.metalmangler.com| Caledon, Ontario, Canada