Posted to sci.electronics.repair
none

Default Mitsu 55511 Power Faults

Hi,

Are there any Mitsubishi RPTV gurus in the house?

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55511 rear projection TV that started to shut
itself off intermittantly. It would do this even when the unit was off
in standby. What ever was going out finall died and now the power LED
just continually blinks when it is plugged in, no more intermittant
power failures but now it wont power up either. Pressing reset on the
front of the system the LED goes off and then comes on and start
blinking continuously again.

Without schematics and a manual I can only get so far and its not far
enough. There are service manuals available from some russian and
chinese web sites but I just don't think I'll take my chances with them.

So before I call in a tech who has the manuals I thought I'd check
around to see if anyone around here has manuals or an idea of what to
look at.

I've checked several points which are labeled on the boards and so far
the only discrepancies I can find are a 24V connection on the signal
board which has no power, which may be normal, and the powergood signal
from the CPU to the signal board is 0V. I check voltages inside the CPU
cage and they all looked good, 3.3V, 5V, and 12V.

burnin