Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Oven latch repair?

My Whirlpool oven/range makes an awful buzzing/vibrating alarm when I
try to start the self-clean cycle. The noise goes on and off until I
turn off the oven, then it takes a little while for the door to unlock.

I unplugged the appliance and after plugging it back in it showed F5
on the display. The oven manual doesn't explain the error codes, but
from searching online I believe it indicates a problem with the door
latch. Whirlpool no longer provides tech support by phone, so I'll
have to pay a fortune to a repair person unless there's a part I can
replace myself.

Advice, anyone? How can I tell if it is a problem with the latch or
seal or just the latch sensor?

Thank you.

Greg