Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Bret Ludwig

Default THD claims of audio signal generators

Pooh Bear wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:

In fact audio generators with rediculously low residiuals have been made
using nothing more exotic than NE 5532s.

I may shortly be diving inside our AP test set ( backlight needs replacing )
. Dunno what they use actually. Maybe some exotic PMI or AD parts in
selected places ?

Never actually worked on one BUT ....(at a prev employer) our Portable
One Plus had the same issue. I had read somewhere there was a Cherry
display which was pin compatible with the LCD (or at least very likely
there was) and have bitched often at the readability issues with the
LCD. It turned out there WAS and they (the metrology guys) used that
instead and it is far more readable IMO. A heads-up.

I'll try to find a part number for you. They sent a note to AP so they
may know.