Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock

Default Zenith SR2568S Vertical collapse help!

hoho45 wrote:
Hi, my Zenith SR2568S TV (purchased 1995) has an intermittant problem
where the picture collapses to about 5 inches to the middle of the
screen from left to right. If I bump the TV it will sometimes go to
the correct picture size suggesting a loose connection

I have heard this is due to a cap near IC1200 on the back left of the
board (facing rear of TV).

Can someone tell me how to fix this? I want to do it myself. Thanks!!

--
hoho45

If you need someone to tell you how to fix it, I would suggest getting
it repaired. There is enough current inside a t.v. to set your dick on
fire if you touch the wrong thing. I'm willing to bet you don't even
know what thing I am talking about. Since it's about 10 years old, I
would hit the back of the set with a sledgehammer and invest the money
for a repair toward a new hdtv set.