Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Spitzer

Default sanded grout

"Tippi" wrote in message
oups.com...
My mom's kitchen has white ceramic tiles and beige sanded grout. The
beige becomes brown quickly due to food spills and whatever. Last time
we cleaned it, I applied a sealant. A few months later, it's brown
again. What is the best way to keep it less stainable? can I put epoxy
grout on top of the sanded grout? or a grout "paint" that seems to be
used for bathroom wall tiles? thanks

no, not without digging out the old grout first. you have to make room for
the new grout.

you can use the grout dye. i'd suggest a dark color so it's not so apparent
that it's getting dirty, or just seal it well, then clean it more often.