Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Insulate and seal a furnace stack in the attic?

"damncold" wrote in message

Thanks for all the replies. I did make my way up there and yes, the
area around the stack is warm and the snow on the roof above it is
melted. I could not see well enough to determine how much space there
was around the stack. I would like to stop the stack itself from
heating the attic. I've checked at some home stores but no one seems
really confident if you can put insulation around a stack or not. And
if you could, what kind. Any ideas?

I told you what to buy last week. No, you won't find it at home stores, I
told you to go to a plumbing supply house It is used on steam pipe, and
boiler breeching all the time. It can take something like 2200 degrees.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/