Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Dryer is Fixed

For all the work he did, you probably didn't get ripped off. Remember,
"Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

"help!" wrote in message
ups.com...
I figured that you'd all be sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear
what was wrong with "my dryer". A very nice man came out; he even had
clean clothes and a nice truck. I always peek out the window, making
sure that Jack the Ripper isn't going to be ringing the doorbell. You
know, someone posted yesterday about not having to like the guy....From
my frame of reference; yeah, I do want a person with somewhat of a
personality (no, they don't have to be a comedian, although that would
help as I'm writing a him a check for 400.00 dollars or good looking)
but seriously, I"m giving you my input, as a woman and a person who
values a kind, caring and competent and reliable professional. It's a
package. In my profession, being personable is as important as being
good at what I do. Being clean, not wearing muddy shoes through my
carpet and cleaning up your mess is even nicer. No one asked, so sorry
for sticking in my two cents.

Okay....he replaced the rear bearing and shaft kit and is returing next
week to repair/replace? two front glides. $228.69 Did I get ripped
off? If not, (I'll rely on you experts), I will pay him to install a
new garbage disposal next week when he comes back to do the glides. He
told me what kind to buy (to upgrade the peice of crap that the builder
"spared no expense" on) and said he charges $125 to install and about
50 more if he has to play around with new pipes for it. He suggested
that I get a 1/2 horsepower; either a Kitchen Aid or Insinkerator (sp?)

Thanks in advance...you're a fun bunch :-) And my dryer is so quiet
that I'm afraid that it's not going to really work!