Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Tankless Water Heater

Basically, the water just didn't get hot enough, but as I said previously,
it was electric.

Storage type water heaters are rated by their 'recovery rate'. This is how
fast they can raise the water temperature 90 degrees. (A theoretical
incoming cold water temp of 50 degrees, up to 140 deg. F.) A 240 volt 4500
watt electric water heater takes 2 hours to heat 40 gallons of water. A 40
gallon gas water heater is about twice as fast (depending on the firing
rate).

"Rastus" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:51:24 -0500, Bob wrote:

I installed one once and got nothing but complaints.

Hi Bob,
What were the major complaints? I've been thinking about installing one
at our cabin. The cabin is used infrequently, there is quite a long wait
for the electric water heater to warm up, and I don't want
to leave it running for weeks when no one is there.

I'm doubting whether it's worth it.

thanks