Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Wind fence question

I read about windbreaks in Readers Digest 'Back To Basics' book a long time
ago. I don't remember how extensive the information was, but the basic idea
was to plant a row of evergreens. I ended up using Eastern Red Cedar,
because I just dug them up from my field. I also gave about 100 to two
friends, and in all three cases, they do a great job. They also act as a
great sound barrier, and are almost maintenance free. You can also use
American Arborvitae (aka White Cedar), which is even better than Red Cedar,
and can be shaped.

"Jim-Poncin" wrote in message
nk.net...
Occasionally we get heavy winds here, almost always from one general
direction.

I'm thinking of putting up a wind fence close to the house. I'm a little
worried that the fence might wind up creating some sort of "focusing" of
wind energy that might go to work on the roof.

Anybody know of any good sources of info on these things?

Thanks