Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default 110v line to 220v line?

WConner wrote:
"This is enough to indicate you should not be attempting this work. Your
plan does not meet code."

While I agree that with the majority of the responses, some of you
are a little over board. Ever hear of Tube and Knob wiring?

Yes, It was a very good system in its time, but in the '70's I rewired
my home to eliminate all active K&T wiring still in service.

Have any
idea how many of these systems are still in use? I have completely
wired 3 new houses and rewired 3 old houses, one with ball and tube.
Code is fine and is there for some reason but some of it is overkill.

Kill is the term. It is clear you don't respect the possible
implications from the point of danger. Frankly I believe the attitude I
perceive if foolhardy. I have seen many people who believe code is overkill
and insist on doing something really dangerous. They can't understand how
it can dangerous to them, because they just don't understand the problem, so
they want to ignore the code. Please for your own sake and the sake of
others who may be effected, follow the code, even if you can't see any
reason for doing so.

Perhaps you will consider that not meeting code, is a good way of
causing problems on down the line. Insurance and liability issues.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit