Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default An acronym free musing about hired turners.

Thanks to each of you for your thoughtful points and counterpoints to my
can opener. I enjoy a good narrative thread as much as looking at
another picture of another bowl. I do enjoy looking at other's turnings,
but "mine eyes" instead of "seeing the glory" sometimes just get glazed
over.

As Lobby pointed out, this topic is _not about plagiary and I hadn't
seen it discussed in any depth elsewhere, but I don't 'forum hop' much
anymore and could have missed the discussions.

I should have been more specific about scale, art form and time frame.
I meant small, limited to turned wood in our time. I wasn't considering
the work that is _necessarily done by hired workmen for artists such as
Wright's Prairie houses, Calder's huge Mobiles, or the transient
Whatever of Christo and his wife. Nor was I thinking about the long ago
when old Adam plagiarized the shape of an apple.

p.s. Thanks Leo for choosing: "elevate" instead of "diminsh". (icon
intended)

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter