Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default Final Sanding

"Connor Aston" wrote in message
newsp.s2xdu2i8qkab0d@vigor13...
I was in the workshop tonight, and I'm making a 14" x 28" top for a music
centre
planned down to 7/8" some white oak 10" wide.
So I put it through my performax 16/32 with 100 grit so the planer marks
are away. Thats all I think the performax is really good for too many
lines show up even with finer grits.
But the question is finishing from here.
Should I use a

1. Reciprocating sander (i dont actually own one)
or use an
2. Orbital sander (I have and use one of these)

Which gives the better finish and what is a suitable final grade
180/240/360?

Hand scraper. For Oak it works great.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com