Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default Lever Cap Screw

"djs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a Stanley 9 1/2 block plane on ebay. What a mistake. The
Lever Cap screw is to short and only catches by about a half turn of
the threads and even then, I can't move the lever into the set
position. I think what I need is a slightly longer screw to get over
this problem. Does anyone know where a person can find a lever cap
screw that is a little longer?

Thanks in Advance,
djs

First make sure the iron and adjuster are seated properly, then afterall,
its only a screw, get a longer one.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com