Keith Marshall

Default OT Gremlins have been busy!

Oops, hit the send key before I typed anything. It's been a busy couple of
days. :-)

I just hit 2994 copies but I've setup Outlook to move them all to a special
folder so I don't really have to do anything for now. I'll leave them so I
can keep a running total of how many I've received and then I'll delete them
when it stops... if it ever does. :-)

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"The universe is full of magical things,
patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
-Eden Phillpotts, A Shadow Passes, 1934
"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"Keith Marshall" wrote in message
m...
Funny thing is, I'm not the sender. I hadn't even heard of the

recipients, all
of which were commercial establishments. Anyone out there having the

same
"good luck"?

Yep, afraid so. Since yesterday morning I have received 2733 messages

with
a virus attached (but removed by Norton Antivirus) and an unknown number
(probably a few hundred) of messages like you described where I was
supposedly the sender. The "From" address is one that I had posted on

my
Web site for support (I knew better but never got around to hiding it

until
now) and I have never sent any email from that address so I know it's

the
virus doing it. Here's a link with info if you're interested:

They actually seem to be slowing down now, finally. I've only gotten 3

or
4
copies in the last couple of hours.

After reading of your experience, I'll hold my whining for something more
serious! I can't even begin to imagine receiving that many messages, let
alone that many bad ones!

Thanks for the link, Keith. I guess the one good thing is the virus will
die a natural death eventually (September 10th). Mean time, I keep my
delete key ready to go!

Harold