Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Guido

Default OT - Stella

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 00:49:38 -0000, "tg"
wrote:

"Guido" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:16:41 -0800, Stuart Grey
wrote:

That it happened in a drive thru compounds the injury as McDonald's
ought to have been aware that the manipulation of a coffee container
in a vehicle is more likely to cause a spillage then in other
situations. IOW McDonald's could anticipate the risk.

what utter bull****.
If I give you a cup of hot coffee and then you decide to put it in your lap and drive off then I'm not going to take any blame if
you spill it while you're driving. The slightest thought that I should be responsible is insanity.

Of course its your fault particularly if your business is to serve
coffee to people that are going to be driving away in a car. You are
selling a product which is likely to cause damage if spilt, in a
situation where it is highly likely to spill.

Personally I find coffee in fast food outlets to be far too hot to
drink. In cafes, bars, tearooms you can order a coffee and drink it
with in a reasonable time frame. The stuff you get in McDonalds is at
an undrinkable temperature for ages. Some 15-20 years ago it was too
hot to ever drink during the time it took to eat the burger, read the
paper, and get bored with the morons.