Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default The BEST lathe ever

"wayne mak" wrote in message
And now I see 10EE selling for $1500. There are MANY great machines made
that will do better work than most of us will ever need.

Had the government not invested in so many of them, I don't think the market
would be flooded with them as it is. Back in the late 50's an EE cost
right at $10,000, which was roughly the same price as a modest home.
Later years, they got up to $90,000. Worth every penny, assuming you had a
need for that level of quality. Understand that they are not to be
classified with other machines, aside from maybe the Rivett, about which
Gunner spoke. Unless you've operated one, you can't begin to understand
the differences, nor how the differences affect the operator. I honestly
feel that running an EE was the turning point in my learning curve, which
had suffered considerably for several months.

Harold