Ian Stirling

Default OT Gremlins have been busy!

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:
Booted up tonight after putting in a day of work on the house we're
building. Waiting for me were 67 messages, 28 of which were virus infected.
Our ISP traps them, but we get a report along with anything that wasn't
deleted. Along with the messages were three from other ISP's suggesting
that I am sending mail that is infected, that I should attend to my computer
before re-sending the messages, which they had deleted. Funny thing is,
I'm not the sender. I hadn't even heard of the recipients, all of which
were commercial establishments. Anyone out there having the same "good
luck"?

Unfortunately, some of these virus checkers don't really have a clue.
They detect the virus in an email (sent by the virus) and then take the
absurd leap that the From: line (set by the virus) is true, and mail
the 'originator' about it.

You can't really trust email headers, unless you know just how to read
them for your ISP, and all the ISPs that the message passed through.
It's near impossible for software to do this.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept that I cannot change, the