Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Mr.T

Default THD claims of audio signal generators

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
OTOH, CD's have differing average levels, so you cannot "set and

forget",
only ascertain the peak level setting for clipping for Dfs.

Not sure what you're saying.

Simply that the apparent SPL level will be different using different CD's in
a "set and forget" position regardless of Dfs.
I think it's simply bad terminology saying "set and forget". It is actually
ascertaing the *maximum* gain setting, and one *often* varies the system
gain below that level.

It's certainly easy to set up a listening system
that simply won't clip from a CD source.

Which I agreed with, vinyl too. Also FM etc.

The *CD* may be clipped of course

Nearly all are these days.

but that's an entirely different matter.

Quite so.

MrT.