Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Derek Andrews

Default An acronym free musing about hired turners. L&S(long and silly)

wrote:

It was the Irish grind, then the English couldn't live with that, so it
became the "Celtic" grind.

Implying what? That it came from somewhere in Europe? Ireland doesn't
have the monopoly on Celtic heritage you know.

As an Englishman I would prefer they used the term Irish. That would at
least put things in context both geographically and historically. I for
one have nothing against the vast majority of Irish people, and I am
sure that is true of most English people. So please don't go propagating
that divisive myth.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com