Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default Flutes questions

wrote:

I saw Norm bring an end to flutes on a router table by marking (on the
fence of his router table) the distance from the end of the board to
the beginning of the flute. Then marking the distance from the end of
the flute to the end of the board. He started his cut by aligning the
start mark, dropping the board onto the bit and running the board to
the ending mark and lifting the board off of the bit.

He never faded a flute on TV that I know of.

Tom in KY, With an idea how to do it, but not the guts to try it.

I did the stopped flutes last night and they turned out looking good so
I no longer care about the "fade out" flute ends. thanks.

Dave