Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default 2hp on 20 amp circuit

TBone wrote:
Actually, he is correct. While at the Home Depot, I checked it out. Only
GE offers this odd setup but they really do have single unit 2 pole
breakers. In order to use it however, it requires removing two standard
breakers ( if the panel is full) as it sits between where the two standard
ones fit. To fill in the gaps you will need to buy two half size breakers
but on the positive side, by doing that you will get your 220V circuit
WITHOUT losing any of your 110's and you get a spare full size breaker (in
case one fails, LOL) as well.

Exactly!

I forgot about needing the 1/2 spacers, as it's been a while since I
installed additional shop circuits.

Barry