Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default 2hp on 20 amp circuit

wrote:

I think he's talking about a quad breaker. You can run four 110v, two 110v
and a 220v, or two 220v circuits off a two slot quad breaker.

No, I'm not. G

It's a double-pole, SINGLE slot breaker. Similar units are available as
single pole, single slot, double breakers that provide two 115v circuits
in ONE slot.

Before others tell me what I really mean, I'll describe it section by
section:

The breaker:
- is ONE space wide
- has TWO hot wire terminals
- has both poles tied together so either hot leg will trip both
- feeds from BOTH sides of the panel, via buss bars integral to the panel
- is branded GE
- will only work in certain slots in the panel

I also have identical versions without the poles tied together.

Barry