Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Harbor Freight does it again...

On 5 Jan 2006 21:23:03 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

The Seig X2 mini mill (HF item 44991) is a remarkable well made little
machine (I just CNC'd one), certainly no Bridgeport, but a solid little
machine with a convenient R8 spindle. I got this for $359 between a sale
and a 20% coupon, regular $500.

Can anyone give me he specifics on what this 20% e-mail is all about. I
get e-mails from Harbor Freight all the time but nothing like that.

I wrote this to Roy last month:

--snip--
How did you get the 20% off coupon?

On their funky, priceless promo sote, Roy. Sign up for free email ads
at
www.harborfreightusa.com .

Top right link says:

FREE
Receive: discounts,
coupons, specials
Click Here

They send one of two ads every day or two, either:

$5 off any $50 purchase/$10 off any $100+ purchase
or
20% off any single item (including sale prices)
--snip--

Also, concerning a Mini-mill, I'll need to make some small parts, and
I'm well aware that a mini-mill wouldn't be an adequate machine for
many here, but since I'm a newbie with very little space, and need to
begin somewhere, I was hoping to get reocommendations on what to keep
my eyes open for.(New or used).

I'd like to find a mini-mill and mini-lathe used (read CHEAP) but
haven't yet been successful in several years of keeping my eyes and
ears open.

California's 4 Seasons: Fire, Flood, Drought, & Earthquake
http://www.diversify.com NoteSHADES(tm) privacy/glare guards