Posted to alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.food.equipment
RicodJour

Default Pricing a new countertop material - what's your experience?

Rich-out-West wrote:
free market research,
I will pass on feeding the data base.

Jeez...give the guy a break. I don't know a thing about him or
his company, but he could be a regular Joe like you or I struggling to
get a new company off the ground. If he's operating out of his
basement, he's propably not going to have the funds to go out and hire
a consulting firm to work up a market analysis.

What marketing firm? He could do targeted mailings, pick up the phone
and call around (there are plenty of places that have toll free
numbers), plenty of research can be done on the internet from actual
web sites as opposed to random samplings from random people on Usenet.
He doesn't need decimal points, just SF prices from around the country.
Who on here can give SF prices for the entire country?

I appreciate your "give-the-guy-a-break" mentality, Rich, but someone
who expects someone else to do their homework for them is lazy or not
enough of a go-getter to make a business fly in the first place.
What's the use in feeding a delusion in that case?