Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Stewart Pinkerton

Default THD claims of audio signal generators

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:02:48 +1100, "Mr.T" MrT@home wrote:

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
roups.com...
Frankly my entire thesis is simpler than all this: some people like to
build tube amps! As with model trains, the issue of practicality is
secondary. However, it is my contention that it is not a wholly
onanistic endeavor-the tube amp still functions well and does a certain
job with complete satisfaction.

.....to some of those people.
Which of course was never in dispute!

Why those people then have to pretend that there is some *technical*
justification to support their personal preference is another matter
entirely!

Ever notice how many tubies also prefer vinyl? It's a whole retro
thang, combined with the notion that if it involves more work and more
expense, it must necessarily have higher performance.

Like entropy, nostalgia isn't what it used to be............